If you would like to upload your picture to the database found in the member’s area, your picture will be uploaded through your Gravatar account. It is very easy to set up a Gravatar account. Below are the two steps needed. The time to accomplish these two steps will be about five minutes.
The City Council of Spokane voted 5-2 in favor of the ban of neoncotinoids for use by the City of Spokane and its employees. This does not currently affect the City of Spokane Golf Courses or Urban Forestry, as they are not under the governance of the council, but under the Parks Board.
The Spokane City Council meeting concerning the ban can be physically viewed via video on the Spokane City Council’s website under “archived meetings.”
WSU has been approached by a chemical company to do a herbicide trial on crabgrass control in bentgrass greens or fairways.
If anyone in the IEGCSA region has a site with a crabgrass infestation in the past on a bentgrass green or fairway and is interested in participating in a herbicide research trial, please contact Bill Johnston, WSU, or Lori and I will pass along your information to Bill.
It is not too late to register for the 2014 WSU Field Day on June 10. See research conducted in this region and enjoy great golf. This is our only association gathering this summer!
If registering after 10:00 a.m. this Friday, please notify Lori via email.
BIG thanks to our hole sponsors – Western Equipment (Hole & KP), Amvac Environmental Products, Meadow Springs Country Club, Planet Turf, and Ridgetop Golf
14 Flyer IE WSU Field Day
I wanted to express my appreciation for the hospitality the Inland Empire GCSA showed me. It simply couldn’t be better. Thanks for having me to yet another state and call if I may ever be of service.
With warm regards,
(Mark Esoda, CGCS
Atlanta Country Club)
Dear IEGCSA friends,
Thank you for your generous gift of flowers in Scott’s name and memory. They were bright and uplifting at the memorial service. It helps to know that friends care.
Bill & Ellen Johnston
• Western Equipment – EVENT Sponsor & Ultimate Gold Sponsor
• Pacific Golf & Turf – Ultimate Gold Sponsor, KP/Hole Sponsor
• Affordable Turf & Specialty Tire – Break Full Sponsor!
• A & L Supply (Two booths!)
• AMVAC Environmental Products – Hole Sponsor, Diamond Trade Show F & B Sponsor
• Ballingham Golf & Turf
• Desert Green Turf – Hole Sponsor, Silver Trade Show F & B Sponsor
• Floratine Northwest
• HARCO Fittings – Silver Trade Show F & B Sponsor
• HD Fowler Company
• Helena Chemical Company – Silver Trade Show F & B Sponsor
• Horizon Distributors – Hole Sponsor, Silver Trade Show F & B Sponsor
• Lane Mountain Bunker Sand
• Northwest Plant Health Care, Inc.
• Planet Turf – Silver Trade Show F & B Sponsor
• Simplot Partners – Silver Trade Show F & B Sponsor
• Wilbur Ellis/The Andersons – Break Co-sponsor and Hole Sponsor
• Sponsor Only (in addition to the sponsorships listed above):
Hole: Atlas Sand and Rock, BASF, Bayer Crop Science, Valent Professional Products, Rain Bird Golf K/P, Rain Bird Golf K/P, Rain Bird Golf K/P, Break Co-sponsor – Aquatrols, Wandermere Golf Course
• Trade Show Food and Beverage: – Atlas Sand and Rock, Golf Cars Etc., Leemco, Inc